Sunday, December 18, 2016

Departure

It's been a hot second since I wrote on this blog. Well, I'm back. I am now at the end of my stay, with only three days left in this dreamy land, Strasbourg, the "Capitale de Noël." It's rather an odd feeling that prevails though. Mixed emotions of excitement that create a foggy barrier to my emotions of sadness for leaving what I consider, my third home. It has only been four months, nevertheless I feel as though when I leave, I will miss this place in a way I can't imagine now. That tends to happen, you know? Missing something you no longer have, a feeling that seems almost impossible to disregard once you no longer possess that "something" that was of such substantial value to you.

Thought of the day

Take a closer look at your blessings, start counting them, as boring as it seems. The better you will start to feel, the more alive and worthy you will walk on this planet. I learn more and more about myself when writing these thoughts on a piece of paper or on a blank screen, I suggest you give it a try as well if you haven't done so already. It gathers my stray thoughts, and it helps me enforce these goals and pieces of advice for myself as well. I am not assigning myself the role of giving everyone advice, but I would rejoice knowing I impacted at least one person, and if didn't impact anyone it's alright because my purpose is also to help myself. I do this because it's something I enjoy doing, being positive and having hope in oneself, and if it helps someone than its two birds in one stone.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment